These vegetarian soft tacos are seriously delicious - cut them into small pieces for babies younger than 12 months, or rope in your toddler to create their own. We guarantee they'll at least taste a meal they've had a hand in creating!
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced 🍠
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tomatoes, diced 🍅
6 small wheat or corn flour tortillas
For the beans
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tin organic black beans, drained and rinsed
1 small onion, diced 🧅
1 clove garlic, minced 🧄
0.25 tsp ground cumin
0.25 tsp ground coriander
1/2 lime, juiced
- Heat the oven to 200C. Toss the sweet potatoes with the oil and spread on a baking sheet. Roast for 25 minutes, until soft and starting to brown on the edges.
- Meanwhile, get started with the beans. In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil and add the onion and garlic. Stir until soft and fragrant, but not browned.
- Add the water, cumin and coriander and stir to combine. Add the beans and bring mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat down to low and and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes, gently mashing with the back of your spoon as you stir regularly. Once thickened and heated thoroughly, allow to sit for an additional 5 minutes until thickened.
- Assemble the tacos! Spread a layer of black beans and top with sweet potatoes. Fold in half and enjoy!