Guide to Managing Food Refusal and Fussiness
Chances are, at some point during the journey of introducing solids - and particularly once your little one is around the age of 1 - you'll experience periods of food refusal and fussiness. You may feel reassured to know that this is usually totally normal! It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong!
We know how stressful this can be, so we've put together this free guide to cover:
- Understanding why babies and toddlers might refuse food.
- Techniques and scripts for responding to episodes of fussiness and refusal
- Managing common battles
- Strategies for coping with the stress
- Techniques and strategies for managing tantrums at the table
How do I download this guide?
Simply add this guide to your basket, checkout for free, and you’ll receive an email with a link to download! You can then keep this guide on your laptop, phone, or even print it out.
- We’re here to share the load and the love with accessible, digestible information and helpful resources on weaning, nutrition, family wellbeing and more, all underpinned by the Mamamade community of over 70K+ parents
- Parents love us! We have over 125 five-star reviews on Trustpilot from parents and carers who feel supported by our service and our meals.
- Mamamade baby food delivery service was created by a mum who wanted her children to have the very best nutrition - convenient, but without compromise - and also wanted resources that felt relevant and modern. Starting from Sophie’s kitchen, Mamamade now supports hundreds of parents each week.
- At Mamamade, our baby and toddler food, meals and bundles are designed for each stage of your baby’s development, ensuring they’re getting the right food at the right time.
- All of our frozen organic baby food recipes have been designed by our child nutritionist and carefully handcrafted by a Masterchef, so you can be sure you're providing the very best start to life with top-quality ingredients.
Loved by parents
As much as I’d love to be that mum who makes every meal from scratch, between being back at work, juggling childcare with my husband, and well, life in general, sometimes I just want to grab something quick out of the freezer - and these are PERFECT. Mamamade meals are organic, plant-based and free from the big 8 allergens - which is really important for us as Sahithya has CMPA
@_kavya_ on instagram
Ordered a second box for my 9-month-old because she loves all the meals! I enjoyed making similar meals for her from scratch for the first few months of weaning, but now I’m back to work and don’t have as much time to cook. Mamamade meals allow me to feel guilt-free feeding her delicious healthy meals without spending hours in the kitchen. I’m a fan!
Rebecca on Trustpilot
Lifesavers for older child with new arrival! Found this company on Insta and they have been perfect solution to getting my preschooler fed well in the early days of me taking care of our newborn. It’s taken a lot of guilt out of not being able to cook healthy meals from scratch for her and the online user experience for ordering/ delivery have been super smooth
Helen S on Trustpilot
Just started weaning my 6 and a half month old she absolutely loves the purées. This has been a lifesaver with running around after my other little one, wish I had found this company when I was weaning my now 1 and a half year old as she has milk and wheat allergy and found it hard to find foods that were healthy, packed with nutrition and low in sugar. I will definitely be ordering more for both my little people.
Leanne on Trustpilot
What's on the menu?
A parent's checklist is long enough. We'll take mealtime off your plate with our diverse range of over 30 nutrient-rich ready meals, mixes, fabulous finger foods and mega breakfast bowls for every stage.
Kale, Banana & Quinoa
For little clever clogs in the making! This organic baby meal contains healthy fats from coconut milk which are great fo...
Five Spice Rice Bites
Brand new to the Mamamade finger food family, the Five Spice Rice Bites are our new fave! Spices are the - er- spice of ...
7 Veg Penne
BRAND NEW RECIPE! Our newest pasta dish contains all of the veg, but none of the negative energy from fussy eaters. ...
Lentil Shepherd's Pie
A plant-based version of the classic family fave meal, our shepherd's pie recipe is loaded with hidden veg with tons...
Oat Banana Pancakes
Parents be warned - these little gluten-free pancakes are so tasty, it'll be hard to share once you've tried them!...