Sweet & Spiced Porridge Bites
Getting bored of the same old, same old? Give your wee one's porridge a little kick with this easy hack! These are also amazing for baby-led weaning, by the way!
1/2 Cup Porridge Oats
Any Milk, Plant Milk, or Water
1 x Carrot, Apple & Ginger Pouch
1 Tsp Tahini
1. Prepare porridge according to usual method or instructions on back of pack.
2. While the porridge is cooking, steam or microwave contents of Carrot, Apple & Ginger pouch for 5-7 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
3. Once the veg is heated, mash with a fork. Stir into porridge with the tahini, adding more for taste if desired.
If spoon feeding:
4. Thin with additional milk until desired consistency is reached
For Baby-Led Weaning
5. Heat oven to 180C.
6. Spoon porridge into small mounds, rounding out with the back of a spoon.
7. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool entirely before offering to baby as finger food.